Jacquelyn L. Mouquin, Esq.
Senior Appellate Counsel
Direct Dial: (212) 213-4796
Jacquelyn Mouquin specializes in assisting Counsel Press clients in their matters within the New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and District of Columbia appellate courts; the United States Courts of Appeals for the First, Second, District of Columbia, and Federal Circuits; and other state and federal appellate courts nationwide.
Ms. Mouquin joins Counsel Press’ Appellate Counsel, Consultants, and Paralegals in offering our clients unmatched expertise with their appellate filings and has participated in the filing of thousands of appeals. She is a frequent lecturer and presenter of Continuing Legal Education courses in the areas of state and federal appellate practice, procedure, and strategy. Ms. Mouquin is known for her efficient and responsive assistance to attorneys’ appellate practice.
Ms. Mouquin is a seasoned trial and appellate litigator, having handled and tried cases in Rhode Island Supreme and Superior Courts and the United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island. Her practice focused on complex litigation, professional liability matters, insurance coverage, zoning board actions, and mass tort cases. During law school, Ms. Mouquin served as a judicial extern to Chief Justice Frank J. Williams of the Rhode Island Supreme Court and as an intern in the Appellate Division of the Rhode Island Public Defender’s Office. Ms. Mouquin even spent time in the United Kingdom as a marshal, sitting with a Crown Court judge to assist in hearing a complex criminal trial. Before becoming a lawyer, Ms. Mouquin devoted several years working with domestic violence victims, and their families developing educational and interventional programs.
Ms. Mouquin earned her law degree from Roger Williams University School of Law, with honors, and served as the President of the University’s Moot Court Board. She twice participated in the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition and was a member of the American Inn of Court. Jacquelyn earned her M.S.W. from Syracuse University and was awarded the School of Social Work’s Outstanding Graduate Student Award. She also received her B.S. in Social Work and B.A. in Psychology from Syracuse University, magna cum laude. She was the university’s inaugural recipient of the College of Human Services and Health Professions Award for Inter-professional Collaboration.
Denine C. Pagano
Keller, O'Reilly & Watson, P.C.
Woodbury, NY says:
Jackie Mouquin is AMAZING. I would not be able to do appellate work without her. She is my lifeline in a hurricane. Always available, always helpful. Always thoughtfully answering questions. Instant responses even when not in her office. "A plus!"
William C. Goggins
Attorney at Law
Thank you. It was a good experience. I will definitely use your services in the future. We used to do our appeals in house, but you changed our policy.
David A. Mayer, MD, FICS
Associate Professor of Clinical Surgery
New York Medical College
Chairman of Surgery Emeritus
North Shore-LIJ Syosset Hospital
Huntington, NY says:
Thank you for the A+ service!!
Conover Law Offices
New York, NY
Thank you so much Jacki for all of your help today, and for filing and serving all defendants. We really appreciate your excellent service, accuracy, how available and on top of this you were today, and how quickly you turned it around. I wish everyone were that way!
We’ll definitely use your company again the next time we have an appeal.
Plunkett & Cooney P.C.
Bloomfield Hills, MI says:
I worked with Jacquelyn L. Mouquin and Diana Cruz both of whom were wonderful. I will definitely work with you again in the future should the need arise and would not hesitate to refer another office. Thank you.
Keith R. McHugh
Marulli, Lindenbaum & Tomaszewski, LLP
New York, NY
I might get too used to being treated too well.
Joel Scott Ray, Esq.
The Law Office of Richard J. Migliaccio
New York, NY says:
I just wanted to thank you and your staff in helping us in preparing for the appeal as well as preparing the documents and such. I especially appreciated your knowledge of appellate practice to help us get through some of the pitfalls and issues that developed in this appeal. You and every one at Counsel Press were very helpful. We cannot thank you guys enough.
Denine C. Pagano
Keller, O'Reilly & Watson, P.C.
I WOULD TOTALLY RECOMMEND YOU AND USE JACKIE MOUQUIN AND COUNSEL PRESS AGAIN! YOU ARE LIFE SAVERS AND ALWAYS THERE AT ANY TIME FOR INSTANT HELP THAT IS COMPLETELY SPOT ON!!!!!!!!!!
- Supreme Court of the State of New York Appellate Division First Department
- Supreme Court of the State of New York Appellate Division Second Department
- Supreme Court of the State of New York Appellate Division Third Department
- Supreme Court of the State of New York Appellate Division Fourth Department
- Supreme Court of the State of New York Appellate Term First Department
- Supreme Court of the State of New York Appellate Term Second Department
- Court of Appeals New York State
- Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts
- Supreme Court of Rhode Island
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- State of Connecticut
- State of New York
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- State of Rhode Island
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island
- Roger Williams University School of Law, Bristol, Rhode Island, J.D.
- Syracuse University, M.S. in Social Work
- Syracuse University, B.S. Social Work; B.A. Psychology, magna cum laude
- American Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- St. Mary Academy-Bay View Alumni Advisory Board
- Ester Clark Intramural Moot Court Competition, Judge
- Vera House, Syracuse, New York, Domestic violence crisis hotline volunteer
Blog Posts view all
- Supreme Court of the State of New York Appellate Division, First Department: Unraveling The Term Calendar
- Appeals to the New York State Appellate Division: Settling the Transcript Does Not Have to Be an Unsettling Experience
- Appeals in the New York State Appellate Division: Adverse Decision? What Now? (Part I)
- Appeals in the New York State Appellate Division: Adverse Decision? What Now? (Part II)
- Appeals in the New York State Appellate Division: How does a Motion for Reargument differ from a Motion for Leave to Appeal to the Court of Appeals?
- New York Appellate Practice: Pro Hac Vice Admission in the Appellate Division, First and Second Departments
- Perfecting an appeal in the New York Appellate Division, First Department for the July 13th deadline? Up your game – get your appellate documents ready early!
- Westchester Women’s Bar Association Appellate CLE Event on September 9, 2014 – a Complete Success
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals Announcement: NextGen CM/ECF implementation will interrupt CM/ECF filing and PACER registration from October 16th through October 20th, 2014
- Judges and Clerks of the New York Appellate Courts Present a Remarkable Educational Program at the New York County Lawyers Association, Sponsored by Counsel Press
- Invaluable Appellate Practice Tips Directly From the Second Circuit Bench and Bar: Details of the NYSBA Outstanding CLE Program Exclusively at Counsel Press
- Second Circuit Procedure: How to Reinstate an Appeal Dismissed for Failure to Adhere to a Briefing Order
- New York Supreme and County Courts: Mandatory Redaction Rules Take Effect March 1, 2015
- New York Appellate Division, First Department: Deadline to perfect an appeal before the court’s summer recess commences!
- New York Appellate Division, Second Department: Case Settled Between Briefing and Argument? Alert the Court!